As one of the oldest law firms in Canada, Creighton Law LLP was established in 1885. We have served the community for over 130 years because of our ability to provide efficient and effective comprehensive legal advice and services to our clients as well as adhering to the highest professional standards in serving our clients throughout the Durham Region. We are proud of the history and success of our firm and the high quality of legal services we have provided to generations of families in Oshawa and surrounding communities.
As a full-service firm, we are able to provide assertive and effective advocacy and strategic advice to our clients for all of their legal needs. If, for example, you come to us with a family matter and find that you need to redraft your Will or sell your matrimonial home, your Family Lawyer can refer you to colleagues just across the hall.
Serving Your Needs
Our Lawyers can help you in a number of areas, including:
- Family Law: We will help you resolve legal issues related to Cohabitation Agreements, Marriage Contracts, separation and divorce. We will also guide you through Children's Aid proceedings and Adoptions.
- Real Estate: Our Lawyers can handle all the legal details necessary for a successful purchase or sale of a home or business property, as well as mortgages, refinancing and any other Real Estate needs. We will take the worry out of what is often the largest financial commitment most people make during their lifetime.
- Wills and Estates: Our Lawyers provide advice in Estate planning in preparing your Wills and Powers of Attorney. We will help your loved ones administer your Estate after your passing.
- Business and Corporate Law: Our legal services for businesses are comprehensive, and include help with incorporation, partnerships, business name registrations and the purchase or sale of your business.
- Estate Litigation: We have the knowledge and experience necessary to assist our clients going through painful disputes over the Estates of loved ones.
- Civil Litigation: If you are involved in a dispute relating to Employment, Small Claims, Business, Real Estate or any other area of law, we can protect your interests. We also guide our clients through dealings with administrative bodies such as the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, WSIB, WSIAT, and other boards and administrative tribunals.
- Criminal Defence: Whether you have been charged with a driving offence, drug-related crime, assault, theft or other criminal charge, we will ensure your fundamental rights are protected and will defend and advocate on your behalf with the highest standards of the legal profession.
- Immigration: We help clients immigrate to Canada and assist them dealing with family, employment or investment-related issues, as well as visas, residency status, refugee issues and citizenship requirements.
Contact Creighton Law LLP
Get professional, experienced legal services from the most well-established law firm in the Durham Region. Contact us at 1-800-216-4970 or through our online form.